Start: as soon as possible
Point Blank Games is an independent game development studio based in Berlin. We develop third-person action games for PC and consoles, and we’re currently hiring multiple positions for our project, "Stray Blade".
Company Culture - being part of the PBG family.
Investing in good company culture pays off in the long run. We hire people who embrace constant change, personal growth and are always ready to support each other. Everybody in the team has strong ownership over their responsibilities and works with a high degree of freedom and creativity. The happiness of our team members is our highest priority. Statistics have proven that crunch not only ruins the health of employees but also destroys projects. On the other hand, a positive, well organized and supportive work environment ensures happy teams, which leads to better games. With that in mind, we go out of our way to ensure that our work days are filled with fun, laughter and a strong sense of personal accomplishment for everyone.
- Enemy design
- Combat mechanic design
- Player combat ability design
- Enemy composition design/balancing
- Player item/skill progression balancing
- batzen weapons/armors/Shoulders/Helmets balancen
- Communicate design and vision to team and stakeholders
- Be able to communicate clearly the vision to the team and support them whenever they have questions
- Create and keep up to date design documents
Your skill set:
- Perfect understanding of the intricate details of a melee combat system
- Profound analytical understanding of game mechanics
- Expert knowledge of data-driven design principles
- Be a spreadsheet nerd, complex tables are awesome
- Self-organized and self-motivated way of working
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Solid visual documentation skills
- Extensive communication skills
- Basic experience working in Unreal
- Never hesitates to communicate spotted problems
Your bonus level:
- Experience in level design and quest design
- Gameplay testing
- Organising closed/public playtests
- Experience with Jira for proper issue tracking
Your PBG buffs:
- Flexible working hours and home office – we believe in a good work-life balance.
- Food and drinks – fresh fruits and nuts to keep you healthy, and fresh coffee, soft drinks and beer to keep you happy.
- After-hours gaming, drinks, parties and BBQs.
Please send your application documents together with strong working samples and salary expectations to: email@example.com
Looking forward to hearing from you!